Registration is now open for the next General Plan community workshop on Safety, Parks, and Open Space. This is the second of a series of five workshops planned this year for an update of the Town's General Plan. The virtual workshop will be held on Tuesday, March 30 from 6-8 p.m. The workshop will feature a presentation, survey questions, and an interactive breakout session that explores questions such as:
- How can the Town reduce wildfire risk?
- How can the Town better prepare for emergencies?
- Are there specific undeveloped open space areas that should be priorities for acquisition or public easements?
- Are there specific park or trail improvements that should be priorities?
- Is there sufficient access to recreational facilities and programs?
In addition to Town staff and the consultant team, the following subject matter experts will be available to present material related to fire safety and/or answer questions:
- Mike Lantier, Deputy Fire Marshal, Tiburon Fire Protection District
- Fred Hilliard, Division Chief/Fire Marshal, Southern Marin Fire District
- Laurie Nilsen, Tiburon Office of Emergency Services
Register for the Workshop!