Hawthorne Undergrounding District
Check below for the most recent update on construction activities, detours, and more.
Individual Service Lateral Coordination
Each property within the Hawthorne Utility Undergrounding District currently receives their utility service either through an overhead or an underground connection. One of the following three scenarios apply to each property within the district as part the individual service lateral installation process.
1. Property has an existing underground utility service - Individual service lateral was previously undergrounded as part of a new construction, remodel, or other upgrade. (Completion of a Residential Service Load Worksheet is not required.)
2. Property is reusing the existing electrical service panel at the same rated load amperage. (Completion of a Residential Service Load Worksheet is required.)
3. Property is upgrading or relocating the existing electrical service panel. (Completion of a Residential Service Load Worksheet is required.)
Property owners who were not undergrounded prior to this project and fall under scenario number two and three as listed above are required to have a licensed electrician complete a Residential Service Load Worksheet (Displays best in Adobe Acrobat Reader) and submit it to the Town of Tiburon Building Division for review. Completed forms should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. The Building Division will review the Residential Service Load Worksheet and advise whether or not a electrical service panel upgrade is required.
As part of the individual service lateral installation for each property, two separate contractors may be required depending on the qualifications and license the contractor possesses. Some contractors may have the qualifications and licensing to perform work on both the electrical service panel and install underground conduits, while others may only be able to perform a portion of the required work.
Once a property owner engages a contractor to install their individual service lateral, authorization needs to be granted before conduit installation begins. Contact information for the contractor shall be sent to Service Lateral Coordinator Monica Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org. Monica will coordinate installation scheduling and both the property owner and contractor will receive an email to alert them when work on individual service laterals can be scheduled for each property.
Individual Service Lateral Questions or Concerns? Email Monica Jones at email@example.com.
Below is a schedule of anticipated construction milestones, which is subject to change.
Questions about upcoming or current construction activities?
Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions or call the project hotline at (415) 888-9229.
Funding & Costs
On January 15, 2021, the Town opened construction bids; they are within the District budget. The Town has received the final PG&E cost estimate and has since awarded the construction contract and issued the bond.
Final Residential Service Lateral Plats
- Initial Study/Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration
- Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
- Harris & Associates Response to Comments
Additional Information & Related Documents
Previous Neighborhood Meetings
- Watch the 8/31 Neighborhood Meeting (YouTube)
- Watch the 5/26 Neighborhood Meeting (YouTube)
- Watch the 4/19 Neighborhood Meeting (YouTube)
- Watch the 2/25 Neighborhood Meeting (YouTube)
Page Last Updated 9/20/2021