Access to Town Services
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order imposing a statewide mandate that Californians stay at home or in their place of residence, and the latest order issued by the County of Marin, Town Hall is available for essential functions only and most staff is working remotely. The Town continues to monitor the fluid state of the COVID-19 pandemic, and has made several adjustments to Town departments to ensure continuity of essential service. Thank you for your patience while we continue to find ways to deliver services to the greatest extent possible during this public health crisis.
Most Town staff members are working remotely and are available by email. Please use the Staff Directory to email the staff member you would like to contact. Email is the best method of communication, as individual phone lines may not be monitored daily.
Town Hall is available for essential functions, but public access to the facility is limited. Town Hall’s main phone line is being monitored and calls are being returned as quickly as possible.
Business licenses are being processed. Applicants should mail completed applications and payment to Town Hall at 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA. If you would like to drop off your application or pick up your license in person, please contact Patti Pickett at email@example.com.
If you have a general question, please submit this form and your question will be directed to the appropriate department or answered as soon as possible.
Community Development (Planning & Building)
- The Planning Division has limited capabilities to accept, process and review applications and to conduct public meetings during this time.
- Planning staff is currently developing new processes to accept new applications electronically. Updates will be posted here when available.
- If you have a general question or a question about an existing application, please submit this form to get in touch with Planning Division staff.
- To request an appointment to view planning and building records, please submit this form. A staff member will be in touch with you by your provided contact information.
- The Building Division is open from 8AM-12PM and 1-4PM for Building Division services. Physical admittance to Town Hall is being limited. Facial coverings and compliance with physical distancing protocols is mandatory for entry.
- Building Permit Applications
- The Residential Building Plan Requirements and Guidelines is available here. Required documents for submittal include a completed building permit application, plans in PDF format including the project address, scope of work, signature of plan preparer/stamp of designer, and the ICC ESR reports.
- Please submit all required documents to Megan Aceves at firstname.lastname@example.org..
- Reroof permits should be submitted to email@example.com..
- Remote Plan Review
- The following permits may be submitted for review by email: reroofs, water heaters, HVAC (including air conditioners), rooftop solar installations of 10KW or less, fencing/retaining walls less than 42" from grade, driveway replacements, and replacements of windows/doors in kind.
- All documents for plan review should be submitted by email.
- Scheduling a Building Inspection or Residential Resale Inspection
- Building inspections may be scheduled Monday-Thursday 8AM-4PM by contacting Chelsee Navado at (415) 435-7380 with the following information: requested inspection date (including preferred AM or PM), job address, permit number, brief description of work to be inspected, contact name and phone number.
- Residential resale inspections may be scheduled by submitting the application and payment of $250 by check to Tiburon Town Hall (1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA 94920). Please contact Chelsee Navado at firstname.lastname@example.org or (415)435-7380 with questions about your RBR.
Contact Community Development
Please use the Staff Directory to email Planning and Building Division staff with questions. ’
- The Police Department will continue to respond to incidents involving risk or threats to life and personal safety.
- The Police Department will attempt to handle non-violent crime via telephone and email as much as possible.
- Public access to the Police Department will be limited.
- The non-emergency Police Department telephone number is (415)789-2801 and will be monitored and answered as usual.
- Encroachment permits are being processed, issued, and inspected.
- Submit your application by email to David Eshoo at email@example.com.
Parks and Open Space
- Please follow facial covering and social distancing protocols while using local parks.
Streets and Storm Drain Maintenance
- Public Works staff are ensuring public roadways and drainage systems are maintained and safe by repairing potholes, maintaining signage and striping, keeping vegetation on the roadside trimmed, and keeping storm drain pipes and inlets clear.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Town-administered projects will continue.
Contact Public Works
- If you become aware of a hazard, please submit this form to report a hazard to the department.
- Engineering staff is available by email and phone.