Access to Town Services
Consistent with the Governor’s Executive Order imposing a statewide mandate that Californians stay at home or in their place of residence, and the latest order issued by the County of Marin, Town Hall is closed to walk-in service and staff is currently working remotely. The Town continues to monitor the fluid state of the COVID-19 pandemic, and has made several adjustments to Town departments to ensure continuity of essential service. Thank you for your patience while we continue to find ways to deliver services to the greatest extent possible during this public health crisis.
Most Town staff members are working remotely and are available by email. Please use the Staff Directory to email the staff member you would like to contact. Email is the best method of communication, as individual phone lines may not be monitored.
All Town facilities are closed, including Town Hall. Messages left on Town Hall’s main phone line are being returned as quickly as possible.
Business licenses are being processed. Applicants should mail completed applications and payment to Town Hall at 1505 Tiburon Boulevard, Tiburon, CA. If you would like to drop off your application or pick up your license in person, please contact Patti Pickett at email@example.com.
If you have a general question, please submit this form and your question will be directed to the appropriate department or answered as soon as possible.
Community Development (Planning & Building)
- The Planning Division has limited capabilities to accept, process and review applications and to conduct public meetings during this time.
- All Planning Division applications submitted prior to the March 16 County of Marin Shelter-in-Place (SIP) Order are being processed.
- Planning staff is currently developing new processes to accept new applications electronically. Updates will be posted here when available.
- If you have a general question or a question about an existing application, please submit this form to get in touch with Planning Division staff.
- The Building Division is open 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday for permit pickup, submittals, and payments. Physical admittance to Town Hall is being limited. Your submittal will be reviewed by a staff member prior to entry to the building. Masks and compliance with social distancing are required.
- Express-type permits should be submitted via email to Megan Aceves, Building Permit Technician, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Inspections are being conducted remotely.
- Click here for additional detail and instruction about Building Division services.
- The May 4, 2020 Shelter-in-Place Order allows construction projects to resume, provided that all Construction Project Safety Protocols are followed.
- Questions should be directed to Chelsee Navado, Building Permit Clerk, at email@example.com.
Contact Community Development
Please use the Staff Directory to email Planning and Building Division staff with questions. ’
- The Police Department will continue to respond to incidents involving risk or threats to life and personal safety.
- The Police Department will attempt to handle non-violent crime via telephone and email as much as possible.
- Public access to the Police Department will be limited.
- The non-emergency Police Department telephone number is (415)789-2801 and will be monitored and answered as usual.
- Encroachment permits for essential infrastructure, or are otherwise necessary in accordance with the SIP Order, are being processed, issued, and inspected.
- Submit your application by email to David Eshoo at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parks and Open Space
- Cypress Hollow Park, the South Knoll Playgrounds, and the parking lot at Blackie’s Pasture are closed. All other parks, open spaces, and trails are open. Please follow Social Distancing guidelines.
- The Town’s landscape maintenance contractor has suspended all work.
- Public Works staff are maintaining landscaping for public use, but work is limited to maintenance only.
Streets and Storm Drain Maintenance
- Public Works staff are ensuring public roadways and drainage systems are maintained and safe by repairing potholes, maintaining signage and striping, keeping vegetation on the roadside trimmed, and keeping storm drain pipes and inlets clear.
Capital Improvement Projects
- Town-administered projects will continue, but will only begin construction if immediately necessary to maintenance, operation or repair of Essential Infrastructure, or are designated by the Town as an Essential Government Function, in accordance with the Order.
Contact Public Works
- If you become aware of a hazard, please submit this form to report a hazard to the department.
- Engineering staff is available by email and phone.